Old 10-09-2011, 05:48 PM
bloomin'Iris

Originally Posted by Charlee
Iris, check this needle list from ISMACS...it will tell you the needles you need for your machines... :)

http://www.ismacs.net/needle_and_sha...eedle-list.pdf
Thanks Charlee
just went to the sight.........now can you just point to the one I need for this machine, and then that machine, and then the one
in the corner, and ......

seriously, I'll need to print the needle list out so that I can figure. I do appreciate your help and have been watching the help you handed others. I've tried to follow all the info & advice given here on this thread and sometimes feel like a kid learning how to swim. I'm off the beach, and I think I can safely say I may be up to the waist as far as comfort with these machines. Although these older models, the ones I really like.....like the ones with the shuttles, felt like I was in a candy store & got something new & it was good & exciting. Only to find (I think) there is more than one type :?:
Then there are those that chain link :?:
And ones with typewriter keys :?:
And duel needles :?: (Mariam introduced me to one of that type)
Stepping back towards the beach now......
This machine may good for this, one for this type of sewing, another for doing that. I understand that it is a matter of personal preferences and that one can get by using less. Heck, I started with two, a 99 I bought yrs ago but could not get the bottom tension right, laid in hiding. My second I bought for buying my first house, a treat for me; almost 10 yrs ago, finally started using it 2 yrs ago.
Now, there's 15, since July! Serious problem here......6 I know work fine, some need belts, at one needs a bobbin/casing, different issues, heck a couple others might even use as door stops or boat anchors. But I find these machines so addicting.....just how many machines does one body need any way?
But I ramble, it's late, I have to work tomorrow & someone one is waiting for me to get to bed. Thank you for the info, and for allowing me to ramble & taking your time.
............going back into seclusion......