View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:18 AM
blzzrdqueen

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm
I have a great time geocaching with my quilty friend. She has the GPS though so I tag along with her. We get ourselves into some very odd places searching - and boy do we get mad when we can't find it!!! :) It is a fun activity to do with young kids - gets them outside and on the hunt - we take along a picnic lunch and stop at the park to eat. Makes for an inexpensive outing and lots of fun.

My favorite cache was near a fire station. The paramedic came out and told us they were all sitting in their kitchen watching us bird-dog around in the garden below. We would not let him tell us where it was though - even if it was nerve-wracking to know a bunch of firefighters were watching us!

We had one yesterday that would have been our 6th find, in a park, at the edge of the woods, in a small decon canister...but for the life of us we could not find it and muggles were coming and going, making it more difficult. We finally gave up after searching for a whole hour!! We will go back for that one soon.