View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Pat P

Just back from Mary Jo's , oh my sensory overload! they had so many marbles-- blenders and batiks in sooooooooooo many colors. Walked in and totally forgot every color of fabric I had back home!! Saw a pattern on their website that was scrappy bowties with a cheddar cheese color background talk about the yellow popping. Didn't do too much damage (little over 100.00) could have spent 500.00 easy. They had one line of fabrics that looked like tiny honeycomb, got two different colors. Will take pictures when I get home and post. Made it to Long Creek Mills. Drove by it the first time its a gray bldg on Webb St. Very friendly people. DH was fascinated. Gave us free thread and scissors for thread clipping. Embroidery thread heaven as well as long arm thread. Throw in serger and the kitchen sink on everything else! Clerks said Sat. at MJ"S was a madhouse, thru the week probably better. No sales of any kind on fabric, they did have Michael Miller, Kaffee Fassett and Amy Butler to name a few. Many fabrics show in Quilt mags.