Old 10-10-2011, 11:46 AM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I took my two machines in for their yearly checkups about 2 months ago. When I got the bill back for a general checkup and cleaning the cost was $350!

The machines I took in were: Singer Confidence Quilter (Was charged $200 for that one because it's "electronic") and $120 for my White (from the 70s or 80s) because of its "age".

Is that normal to pay? I didn't even pay that for the White.

Plus, I'm fanatical about cleaning my machines and oiling them.

I wouldn't want to know what this place (an hour drive for me) would charge for my older machines.

So, what do you all pay? Did I pay way too much?
I am amazed that so many people take their machines in for yearly maintenance. My old Kenmore is way too hard to get out of the cabinet and so heavy that I might slip a disk carrying it. It's been in the shop two times in 53 years. I took my Janome 4800 to the shop to get the needle threader fixed--they didn't get it fixed--and I suppose they did some cleaning, but since it is electronic and I have been told that it needs no oil since all the oil spots are sealed--I just keep it brushed out and as clean as I can. I subscribe to the theory that "if it ain't broke, it don't need no fixin." froggyintexas