View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Roben

These are all great responses, and are giving me lots to think about - better now than the day of class, right? :lol:

I designed the wall hanging to focus on 3 specific techniques - trying to keep it limited a bit. I'm thinking about half an hour to demo the techniques, and then on to working the actual pattern so I can get to everyone with some individual attention. The wall hanging may take longer than class time, so I'm putting together a companion 'free project' that I know can be finished in class - at least that way all the techniques have been practiced a bit. I played with the instructions as I did one sample today, and tomorrow I'll time it and see where I'm at.

I agree that there are many, many ways to do the same thing and just about as many gadgets as well - I'm sticking to the best way I've found for a newbie like me to be as successful as possible, with tools that I've found work as advertised. I've seen a lot of different techniques, and they do get confusing - but I also know that what works for me may be greek to someone else and vise versa. I also want to encourage participants to help, chat & laugh with each other - those are always the classes that are the most fun!

Thanks for letting me think this thru out loud and for all your input - it helps, it really helps!