Old 10-10-2011, 01:03 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by Bennett
Well, I did it again. I have my 2nd treadle machine--a White Family Rotary in a Mission cabinet. :) The machine moves freely, so the cleanup is going to be cosmetic. She is just covered in grime. I do think most of the decals are intact underneath. The cabinet is still at my sister's. No matter how hard we tried, we just couldn't cram it into the backseat or trunk of a little Hyundai! It needs some work on the veneer and pretty much every joint needs to be re-glued. There is something wrong with the lift, but I think it has "good bones." No pics to share yet--maybe next week after it comes home.

Serial number: FR 2623596, about 1917. I found some papers crammed behind the drawers from 1935 with information on a church and a high school in Indiana. The seller said it was her great-aunt's machine and that she had been wanting to fix it up, but just never got around to it.

Also an interesting note, I saw where the WFR with Mission cabinet was originally about $75-$80. According to an inflation calculator, it would be about $1200 to $1300 these days. Makes my $45 look good by comparison.

Now I really need to get on the ball and get some of my machine stash going and quit looking for new ones!
Bennett I envy you that cabinet...we are still looking for one out here in CA....not easy to find at all!!!