Old 10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
lovelyl

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Suzi
That is very UNattractive and a total loss for quilters since that harp area is so tiny. What were they thinking? No thank you - I would have absolutely no use for one of those!

Okay I can see now that you all can not see what I am seeing with the machine and I hope that when it is out on the floor for everyone to play with that they will be able to catch the subtle things that make this quite the nice machine. Take some time and really study it and you will know why I want to buy a couple........... And yes this machine will be sought after like the Centennial in a few years.

Billy
Since I won't be around in 50 or 60 years to redeem the value because it's an anniversary model, I don't think it's worth the $$....my kids can make their own investments!
Besides...the Centenial models don't sell for more than what our moms and grandmoms paid for them...~shrug~ Sewing machines are simply NOT a hot item..look at what we get our old machines for...unless it's rare, and trust me, they'll make enough of these for it not to be rare, sewing machines aren't a smart investment.

Just my two cents.
I agree that sewing machines are NOT great investments. Fun to sew with, YES!! Only if the market is right will you be able to make some money, but never a fortune.
My FW has been around since 1936. Do you think the new one will be around in 75 years? And still working beautifully? I would like to play with one, though!