View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 09:18 PM
moonwork42029

Originally Posted by Roseysue
The only person who responded to the choice show or no show is PokerDiva who asked to not show ahead.

Now I need to know what the rest of you want to do
Do I post the picture now or do you want to post it when you receive it?
Please let me know so I know which way to go.

Thanks, roseysue
In the Boom 5 East group, we decided to NOT post the blocks as we made them (except to a different personal thread) and let the person that received the block do the posting. That way it was a surprise to the receiver and up to them to share on this thread. Once in a while the receiver wouldn't be able to post a picture and might ask the sender if they could post the block for them.

I've seen where some think it's hard to keep a separate thread for the blocks they made but I didn't find it hard at all. When I made a block, I'd post on this thread that I was sending home a block for "so and so" and if they wished to "peek" they could go to page "X" on my other thread, which was noted below all my comments (as mine still shows for Boom 5 right now). This allowed me to share my blocks with everyone else on the board as well as giving the receiver (and all others) a chance to peek.

I plan to continue this posting method once I get the chance to start on some blocks. I'll create a new thread and label it accordingly.

If you post your block just on this thread so many others won't get the chance to enjoy your block because they don't click on a swap thread they aren't part of....in my humble opinion.