View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 02:50 AM
Homemother

Here is an article about Obies that might help explain the store. When we were there, a wall of bolts had fallen to the floor sometime before we arrived and someone was trying to fix it. Unfortunately for me (or fortunately) it was the blue fabric - and I love blue! I wouldn't walk down that aisle. I probably would have gotten lost in the blues, and many $$ later, my husband would have been loading up the car!

http://blog.artistinn.com/2011/01/gr...lancaster.html

Originally Posted by sunflower126
Originally Posted by hoppa
Loved obies went there at the beginning of my trip and had to go back before we left lancaster.
I think I'm missing something here but just not quite sure what it is. I heard about Obie's and went there last Wed. My friend and I walked in, walked to the back of the store and quickly left as she almost got killed when a whole stack of bolts fell down right beside her. We hadn't touched a thing. I can't shop in something that is so disorganzied. What do you do if you want a bolt that is on the bottom of the pile?

In our search for Obie's we came across Goodville Fabric Outlet just a short way down the road. Have you been there? It has been in business 2 1/2 years. It is a factory outlet store. There is a fair amount of quilting fabrics and notions and thousands of bolts of fabric, some clothing and notions for unbelievable prices. Got a great deal on flannel which was the main purpose of my trip this time. If anyone goes to Millersburg, Ohio to the Amish country they have a sister store called Zincks Outlet. We were in Millersburg on Fri of last week but just didn't have the extra time to stop. I will on our next journey there.