Thread: Hot Flash RX
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Originally Posted by agoldencomet
agoldencomet wrote:
Because of a family history of osteoporosis, I chose not to go on HRT. What helped for me was ginseng. I tried making straight ginseng tea but didn't enjoy it much. So instead I added one ginseng bag to every pot of tea I made. Also, I found my nights were plagued with hot hands and feet. So before bed I filled the bathroom sink with ice water - what a blessing for my hands in the middles of the night!!
Good luck with whatever you try.

Stitchnripper wrote:
I'm curious if you've had a bone density test before and after the ginseng to see if it helps your bones. I understood that the HRT helped with bone density/osteoporosis. I was on the estrogen patch, then got breast cancer, off everything, so am taking Estroven Nighttime which helps me sleep and helps with the flashes. Also, I'm advised to stay off of soy since it has "estrogenic" properties. I'm not advocating any of this for anyone, just sharing my story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, so sorry! I meant to say that I did not go on HRT because of a family hstory of cardiovascular disease (a risk of HRT). The ginseng was to minimize the hot flashes. As for the osteopenia (which I have), I take calcium, Vitamin D and magnesium supplements. My done density is remaining constant now; so the supplements are helping.
Now I just need something to help my memory LOL!!
Now I get it! I'm also on calcium, Vitamin D, and magnesium and holding steady. I also do some strength training (I am not a body builder!!!) which is supposed to help.