View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 06:35 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Dingle
Well folks, being new to this, when someone said to bury the threads and how to do it thats what I did. Did not see the part where it said (early in the post) to knot the threads first. So, all I did was bury the threads. Now I'm thinking I better not "ever" wash this thing or it will come apart. Since this is my first quilt I guess you just live and learn. :(
It will be fine. If you happened to run it far enough in to the quilt that you will actually be quilting over it in another direction, it will be better ... the thread will have a hard time backing up out of the batting, so if you must wash, by all means, wash! since you are the one owning the quilt, if you see a thread coming out, just take it over to your sewing machine and stitch EXACTLY over the first line for five or six stitches (another factory technique <g>) that will anchor things quite nicely.
You will be fine, and you have done fine ... you will still be learning something on your fiftieth quilt! That is why intelligent people keep cutting up fabric and sewing it back together! LOL