View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:09 PM
deplaylady

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by clsurz
I have the Featherweight computerized machine and love it. It also has several stitches that can be used with it. HSN was selling it for $499 or some such amount and I bought it at JoAnn's online few months ago for $230 and I wouldn't trade it in for anything. This little machine is a workhorse and amazingly the only thing plastic on it is the case. Everything else is metal.
This is the same Featherweight that you have that the Singer engineers finally got right just rebodied to fit the anniversary. But if you look closely and think about the 222K then you will pick up on a few other neat innovations. I have seen the estimated production figures and they are really low, and this machine will be hand built at the Singer plant and not subbed out so the quality will be outstanding. I love this machine because it is user friendly and is also handicap friendly so it does not discriminate folks that have problems with their hands and are unable to use other machines.

Say what you want but I will be dropping the $1200 for a pair and loving every minute of it.

Billy
Is it metal like the FW 75? I wish it had some of the stitches that the FW 75 has.