View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 PM
lalaland

Originally Posted by SavedByGrace
Where did you get that clear thing.....I don't even now what it's called.......that keeps your fabric level with the sewing machine?
Originally Posted by lalaland
We spend our summers in WA, we have a small mobile home and sewing can be a challenge. I didn't even set up my stuff until 2 weeks before we were leaving last year because I didn't know where to put everything.

So, here's my old setup and here's my new setup. This is a Sauder sewing cabinet, I ordered it online through Walmart, I got it for $119 but it goes on sale for $99 frequently and the shipping is free to the Walmart nearest you. It's really sturdy and the shelves can hold up to 25 lbs.

I set up in front of one of the recliners but DH said no problem, we have another recliner, an overstuff chair, and a couch so he's comfortably covered no matter what!
That's one of those Sew Steady acrylic tables. That's a small one but I have a large one for that machine as well. They will make tables that fit any age machine but they will tell you that they cannot be modified. My DH modified the large one to fit my Kenmore computerized machine by shaving off some of the acrylic in the bed area. That made the table a little bigger in the bed area for the machine you see, but the table is so stable, and the increased gap was so minor, it still works great and isn't noticeable at all.