Old 10-12-2011, 03:22 AM
LindaM49

Originally Posted by BKrenning
You seem to have purchased an extreme amount of fabric to make 1 bag. If your jelly rolls have the normal 40 strips in them--that is more than 2 yards and you mention a floral and a solid one. Then some kind of fat quarter pack and you seem to have purchased 5 of those. 6 fat quarters is 1.5 yards and if you bought 5 of them, that's another 7.5 yards in addition to the 4.5+ yards from the jelly rolls so you're going to be making bags for a long, long time--LOL.
I see what you are saying but the problem is...I don't have ANY plain fabrics. This bag is made of horizontal strips on the front and vertical on the back. Each strip is seperated by a thinner solid strip. I think you misunderstood...I bought only 1 bundle of what you are calling the fat quarters. I took a list and then when you get to the store and they don't always have exactly what is on your list...ya have to improvise and that's what always gets me. Trying to stand in the store with other customers trying to get by you...and a woman who had a SCREAMING baby who would NOT stop. She had a cart full of fabric and was carrying the baby and talking on her cell. Whoever she was talking to must have asked why the baby was screaming...the mother said...because she can. She had hoped something she had in her cart was on sale and after the cutter started measuring out 9 yards she asked her and she said no...but you could use the 40% coupon in your flyer. The lady said she had used it last week so I gladly said...here take mine...just so she would get out of there...LOL. Anyway....the piece of 1 1/4 yds. of fabric was just a bit more than called for...she calls for 1 1/8 yds. If I recall the # of strips needed...it is 16 and these jelly rolls have 20 strips in each.

I was thinking about a Vera Bradley last night after I figured out what I had spent. I've never heard of Fossil...but then I don't get out much...lol.

The bad thing is...tomorrow I am going over to my friend's house that lives close to a much bigger Joann's and the PA Fabric Outlet. We always seem to end up at one of them...or both. I must keep reciting the mantra...I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE FABRIC. Well...unless it's on sale for a GREAT price.