View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 05:20 AM
roadrunr

I not only had a 3 day weekend, I had a 4 day weekend, as I took Fri off as a vacation day. I have lots of vacation time this year becasue of a change in my company's vacation policy - we used to be able to carry vacation over from oneyear to the next for 2 years. With this year, we are no longer able to carry over vacation time from year to year. So, this means that the vacation time that we had carried over from last year had to be used by the end of August (I had 2 weeks from last year that I had to use) and then the vacation time for this year has to be used by the end of the year.
On top of this we no longer have vacation days and sick days - they are all rolled into one under personal time off - so I have 18 days of pto to use by the end of the year.
I used all of my rolled over vacation time before teh end of July, so when I went on a 2 week vacation to San Francisco, that was my pto, so when I came back, I was to have only 8 days left of pto, but due to some glitch, 10 extra days were added and my supervisors dais to leave it alone, so I still have 18 day to take by the end of the year.

To make a long story short, I had something like 40 days off this year! I wish I would've had the money to go over to Poland to visit relatives, but that is a big expense for me, so taking long weekends till the end of the year.