View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by Dottie Bug
Hello, everyone i am so excited i just found a featherweight. at a sewing machine shop. I couldn't believe what he was saying , but he had to have cash.$100.00 So i bought it ,only to find out the light doesn't work , so i will need a light and a owners manual. He added some needles and 8 bobbins.
It could be just the bulb. They take a15 watt 120 volts baionnette base type bulb, not a screw in type. I just had to replace one in one of my FW's. This type bas has two little metal knobs or (bumps) near the bottom of the base and opposite of each other, so the bulb can be inserted and twisted into the socket. Be sure not to get one that one of the knobs is higher than the other, it won't work. I know you didn't ask for all of this info, but I thought I would share. The bulb is not very expensive less than $3.00 and can be found at most hardware or quilting stores. Please check it out before you take it in for any repairs. Have a barrel of fun with your new machine have two and love them. I am currently making a quilt for DH for Christmas on one of mine. This will be the fourth quilt I have made on this particular machine. I haven't used my other one it needs some wiring done first, I bought it over the summer for $100.00 also. The young lady was moving and tired of moving it around, the machine had been her grandmothers. I didn't hestitate, she said she would take a check so I wrote her a check on the spot.