View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Dingle

Hi Everyone
As most of you know I'm new at this. The reason I asked about what to do with the tails is because someone said to make sure and start my SITD in the middle. Yes I took that as starting in the middle of the middle of the quilt. That is why I had so many tails to take care of. Someone else said to bury them and also explained how, but nothing was said about tying a knot before they were buried. I had already buried them before someone else said to make sure they are tied first. At least I now know this for my next quilt. I also get what the middle is now :lol:

The walking foot I have is a universal one. My manuel says not to backstitch using this foot but I can do a small zig-zag. I looked at a few web sites that carry this foot and they also say not to backstitch. I have a Brother CE-5000. When I have sewn using my regular foot I do backstitch.
I will try all the suggestions about the tiny stitches at the beginning and end.

To the person asking me about mitered corners. I haven't mastered that yet. All in due time :wink:

I know there are plenty of books I could get to teach me all of this but for the most part they are not "clear as mud" for me. I learn more from this forum. Video's are out of the question also. I'm still on dial-up and it takes forever.

I'm now putting the binding on my quilt. I got the first side on no problem. Now when I try to put the other side on my upper thread keeps breaking. I haven't changed anything on my machine so don't know why it's giving me problems now. I will have to say though I think its turned out pretty darn good. :D

My next quilt is going to be a hunting and fishing theme for my hubby. I'm going to do the D9P. I have one print and 4 tone on tones that match the colors in the print. Just have to figure out how to lay it out.

I hope this has answered some of your questions. I'm off to try to figure out why my thread keeps breaking.

Kris