Thread: EQ 7
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 PM
thepolyparrot

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
I find it difficult and confusing to use.
As much as I love it, I'll be among the first to tell you that it was more difficult for me to learn than any other program.

But, keep playing with it and you get this "Aha!" light bulb moment. :)

I can learn better when shown how to use things.
There are a lot of video instructions included in the program that show specific tasks step by step. Those were really helpful to me.

However, I don't care for the sketchbook feature as you have to paste blocks for each project,
There are thousands and thousands of blocks available in EQ format - if all of them (and all the fabrics and threads and colors, etc) were already in each project when you opened the program, it would take half an hour to open it, even with a fast computer.

For most layouts, you're only going to use 1-4 different blocks, so importing the blocks that you are going to use is very fast.

and I would like to just delete some of the projects I started and don't like. Suggestions anyone?
If you want to get rid of the entire project, just use Windows Explorer to find the PJ7 folder in your My EQ7 folder. Right click the project that you want to delete and click "Delete."

If you have several different quilts all in the same project and you only want to delete a few of the layouts, open the sketchbook, click on Quilts, select the quilt that you want to delete and click "Delete."

You can do the same with blocks in the sketchbook.