Old 10-12-2011, 03:34 PM
All Thumbs

Originally Posted by mloquilts
I also have the Go & am now using it to cut 2 1/2 inch squares. One thing that I've found that really makes a difference in the accuracy of cutting absolutely square is to place the fabric correctly on the die. It must be placed with the least stretch (lof) feeding into the roller. Placing it with the width of fabric feeding into the roller makes it stretch some & therefore the squares aren't really square. Just a tip for those who might be getting this die. I hope this is clear???
It sure does make cutting a lot of squares easier & quicker.
I totally agree with mloquilts(above note). I have the Go and would not waste my money on the babyGo. The only thing I would add to the above is the thickness of the fabric will determine how many to cut at a time. I seldom do more than 2 layers because I join them as a unit at the machine anyway. Also, the biggest aide is to IRON the pieces, especially if you are folding piece to make one long strip. Ironing reduces that bulk just enough to ease it through the rollers. PS: I have arthritic in my hands and the cutter is super. I have many dies.