View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 04:58 PM
thepolyparrot

I bought some quilt tops on eBay - mostly vintage but also several new tops. The quality of the fabric is not great, but it's a pretty design when it's done.

Applied to a quality backing fabric with a good batt and enough quilting, the tops should hold together relatively well.

These gave me the chance to learn on relatively inexpensive quilts that I hadn't spent 40-80 hours piecing and the results are actually pretty nice, especially when you consider how little I spent on them and how inexperienced I was at drawing with a sewing machine. :)

To be sent to QOV - this is very good quality fabric, made by a quilter who just didn't have time to quilt all her projects.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270276[/ATTACH]

Assembly-line pieced - some of the fabric is very good - the solid white was extremely difficult to quilt because it was so tightly woven - I think it was a percale of some kind.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270277[/ATTACH]

Assembly-line pieced - most of the fabrics in this one were "medium" quality and a couple were as nice as Moda's. I got lucky and found some 108" wide Moda backing fabric that coordinates just beautifully with the aqua and brick colors in the top. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270278[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-270223.jpe   attachment-270224.jpe   attachment-270225.jpe