View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 03:10 PM
omak

Originally Posted by Bevanger
I don't save all mine. I did save a couple, ran yarn thru the holes and hung it up on my door for my cat to play with.
Funny you should mention this because just this morning, I finished one of those spools from Connecting Threads?
First I threw it away, then I grabbed it back out of the bin and tossed it on to the floor for our cat, Peanut! .... He sort of looked at it, and just about the time he figured out to play with it, I figured that he would probably lose it, but I have some selvedge tied on to a drawer handle for him to play with, and if I put it on there, he would probably be able to play with that spool better (it is a long cylinder for those of you who haven't seen those thread holders).
Just about the time I reached down to grab the spool back, because I had changed my mind, HE decided that I really had intended for him to play with it, and one quick swipe of his paw ... under the refrigerator it went!
I got down on my hands and knees, and saw it, just barely out of reach of my hand, and I went to get a ruler to coax it out ..
long story almost ended - - I didn't get the spool back, but if you had left the tip before I emptied the spool .... LOL
Isn't life just a HOOT???? Our lives get connected in such strange ways, eh? LOL