Old 10-13-2011, 11:14 AM
quilt addict

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I am going to try and to make the ISMACS get together after talking to my wife tonite. She really wants to meet as many folks on here as she can and I want to say thank you to everyone that has supported me during this hard time. And I think Lisa (Quiltaddict) will be there and if that is so we are going to do some serious dumpster diving!!!

Billy
Billy, I hope you can go. Get a room and just take it easy with plenty of rest breaks and use a scooter. Unfortanetly the bank account will not let me go. I have been on the road almost since Sept. 24th. It have been fun trips but still takes a toll on the pocket book.

I look forward to the day we can go dumpster diving. But last weekend was an easy one. On the drive to Mom's house from the airport told my sister I needed to stretch my legs. So we stopped at an antique mall to just walk around. It is hugh so we never get through the whole thing. We were getting ready to go so made a stop at the restroom. As I was waiting for Sis looked down the aisle and see a familiar silhouette so wandered up to see what it was.

Now new owner of a Davis VF2. It sewed right off after alittle oil and cleaning of the manual release tension that was so gummed up with dried oil you couldn't get thread between the discs. The fabric does pucker after the seam is sewn. I think it is the old needle not going through the fabric cleanly. So I'm on the look out for a source of Boye 10 needles.

Oh, want to know what it cost me???? I got it home in my carryon luggage so no shipping cost. Just had to leave the dress from the wedding at my Mom's. So so far I'm out $8.99 plus tax. I think she will jump to the head of the cleaning line. I have a treadle cabinet from my other Davis so that is where she will go. I will post some pictures next week when I am back home.