View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
Originally Posted by Mousie

Little one, 16 month old, that I'll be helping with has contracted pink eye from his cousin that lives there.
Someone just told me that baby shampoo would help it go away.
My eye doc recommends it....
Mousie,
My kids used to have problems with their eyes and we would boil water and add a little Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo [I'm sure other no tear formula would be ok] wait til the mix cools slightly, but when still a little warm use a q-tip along the eyelashes - should start with the non-effected eye if you want to do both, toss the tip and use another for the effected eye. This works well for many eye infections, but pink-eye does require an antibiotic ointment unfortunately.

good luck!! sounds like your arms are full!!!
Gus gus
thanks for the info, gus-gus!
I took some baby shampoo over today and mom said it might work for his eyes, but unfortunately it would exacerbate a skin condition that he has.
It has just gotten to a better point, so we wouldn't want to aggravate it.
She thinks it's a type of allergy.
My youngest grandbaby has allergies. Is it me, or are these kinds of things more common these days?
I stayed with mama and baby today, to get him more used to me, but tomorrow, it's just me and him and the romper room at mousehouse.
Let's hope it goes well. He is a goodnatured baby, but when he is with mommy he wants her to pick him up.
I also get very sleepy, sitting around. I'll be able to move around and take him out in his carriage tomorrow.
I'm glad to hear that I won't be alone with AOTH.
I know a bajillion things have hindered me this summer, but I am still determined. I love this quilt pattern and my fabrics are yummy and waiting patiently :thumbup:
I'll try to drop a line when I can. Playing everything by my Big ears here ;)