Old 10-13-2011, 03:26 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter
OMG!!!!!!!!! Do you realize what you have????? You have one the earliest Model 15's with the Sphinx decal!!!! I have only seen one other - until I saw that machine I did not even know Singer used the Sphinx on their earliest 15's! How cool is that????????? I can't tell for sure from the picture, but what is the serial number?

Nancy

Ok - I don't want to get too excited until I know for sure, but how awesome is it if that is what I actually have?! :) Now I went back and looked at the serial number, I DID make a mistake there. The S is worn and old and looked like a 3, so I thought it had no prefixes but I was wrong, it has one. The serial is S722420. I don't see the number on the Singer website, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Oh, and is THIS what you mean by a bobbin? These old machines have odd names for things so I want to make sure I understand correctly. Here's a pic...
Yep, as Charlee said that is a bobbin case. The bobbin should be in the case - if not they are very easy to get. You can get those Class 15 bobbins almost anywhere! Just be sure to get metal ones, not the plastic ones! That is a 1906 Model 15! One of the rarer of the vintage machines as it is very old - 115 years old, and a Model 15 with a Sphinx decal, which is very hard to find! Not a common machine at all! I think there is only one other on this board - at least there use to be only one - the only other one I have ever seen! You are one lucky lady! Take care of that machine!

Nancy