View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 07:03 PM
mimisharon

Originally Posted by sandpat
Originally Posted by Skeat
How cute!! And, what a keepsake!! Now sandpat, I haven't read thru all the notes on this...but, here's what I'd suggest...add a piece of something light and 3D over the top of her skirt now...w/o taking anything apart...bet everyone will be peeking underneath!LOL And, of course they will see more shoes:)Don't worry about even eyes...a great fix is highlights!! Can embrod. thread them on. If you took a sewing pin w/metal back...stuck it in a pencil eraser, then touched paint, then barely touched a piece of paper...you'd have the idea of size and how easy!:)Do 2..one larger then the other. Could candlewick the highlights too. If you need to add some softness to her eyes still after highlights...can, make 2 simple eyelashes out of the outside corners of her eyes.

I love it!! I love it just like it is!! Skeat

Skeat, what great ideas! I had thought that I would do a little white thread meandering on the green part under the skirt to make it look frilly. I love the idea of the peeping under her skirt...hmmm...how do I do it with something that would stand up to washing? Since this is sold before I even made it..I'd hate to give her something that wouldn't wash well. I had planned on the hightlights in the eyes..but with either french knots of just sewing small dots. Her eyebrows are really arched. I'm doing her face tonight..maybe I can post her face tomorrow.

How bout some nylon netting or the tulle or eyelet?