View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 PM
sandpat
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
I started to send a PM to Leslie, but then decided maybe others would want to know this as well...

Hi Leslie,
thought I would send a PM about this as I don't know how often you check the DJ thread and it doesn't necessarily relate to AOTH. I hear you quilt as you go on DJ? But then Losie also mentioned something about you 'quilting' blocks together and then machine quilting the top??
I'm not getting that - I've actually been considering doing the entire AOTH quilt by hand since I haven't machined anything at this point [of course, I'm only on the sixth block...]

Is there a good tutorial or any advice on how to proceed by hand as a QAYG??
Gus
Hi Gus, I'm not Lesley of course, but I can point you in the right (I think) direction. Here is how she, I, Elle, Jan and probably a few more have done our Jane quilts. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-28063-214.htm I seriously considered doing my AOTH this way as well...but I decided that I would like ALL the quilting to show on the back for this one and also I want the back to be 1 piece. So...I am going to quilt in sections, but the back will only be 1 piece. There was a tute on this method on the board also. That method is a machine quilted method though.

I loved how Jane turned out and the bonus was that when I was finished piecing my blocks, all the quilting was also done. Anyway, the link is to where Lesley started her quilting on Jane.