View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Anna.425

I love cats, I am a foster mom for kittens and a life long cat owner (and at this point that is A LOT of cats). Never, NEVER have I ever had cat odors in my home......until now.

DD came home from college with a cat, yes we agreed to her bringing it home, it was not a surprise...exactly. She has a young, male, neutered cat (I almost always own female cats) and we have two 16 year old cats, one male and one female. The young cat, Mishka, is terrorizing the female cat, Weebles. He has driven her away from the food and the cat pan. At the advice of our vet we set up several food and potty stations and it has not helped. As a matter of fact Mishka took over the one cat pan that was upstairs (none of the other cats even use pans anymore, they only go outside). Mishka is an indoor cat and is so picky that he will stop using the pan and pee next to it if it isn't scooped everyday and DD has not done so. We eliminated the upstairs pan and now only have the downstairs pan and now Mishka is peeing upstairs. He is a smart cat and knows that there is a pan downstairs. I have tried spiked mats to deter him and don't ask me how, he has peed on them.

I'm mad as H@ll and I'm not going to take it any more. I have purchased scat mats so if Mishka steps on them he will receive a very, very mild shock. I hate doing that but I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?