View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 05:09 AM
dmyers

Originally Posted by charismah
Originally Posted by mandyk
I know you are very busy but would appreciate you giving me a few a few lines. Can you tell me why you chose Innova over other machines? Currently have a Gammill vision but would like to upgrade to a larger computerized model and looking at the Innova due to price. Any idea how the Inn ova stacks up to the Gammill? Sewed on one at a workshop at MQX in Rhode Island. Is the table steady, and does not vibrate? How easy is tension adjustment? Did you think about computerization? Any thought you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Mandy,

Well I used a gammil before I bought my INNOVA. My LQS rented one out. The shop ended up selling both of their Gammils are replacing them with Innovas
:thumbup:

As far as the frame..mine doesn't vibrate...but sometimes at shows they might because you have to be able to adjust them....once you get the frame adjusted no vibrations. Darby (Dmyers on QB) I think had that and made an adjustment and now its perfectly fine....it's just getting everything level after you set up the frame. The frame is very stable/steady. The frame is aluminum....so it's easy to move..if need be..but the poles are galvanized steel. So you can lean on them....they won't bow or bend...As far as tension. It has a patent. It's the only long arm on the market with a constant tensioner. So it takes any type of thread. You can embroider. it is also the only long arm on the market that has an E-cording attachment ..that couches down fibers and yarn....very cool. I have one.

The tension is easy to adjust....of course there is a learning curve to everything...but if you have worked on a gammil already you will like this one much better...you have more options....

I have been trained to use the computer system....so I can teach others how to use it. I am not sure that I want one....but it is a very nice computer system...and it stacks up. I would do a search of reviews on -line. I come across them quite frequently and they get really good reviews.Especially dollar for dollar.

Good luck in your search!
Just PM with any questions.
C you should be a sales rep for ABM!!! I love my Innova with Lightening Stitch and yes it did do some vibrating when I received it in March. But I have a wonderful dealer that fixed the leveling and it runs smoothly. I too tried out the Gammill and it had lots of bells and whistles, but the Innova felt smoother and lighter to glide. I also have an after market computer set up on mine. Yes I know people may think it's cheating, but how else am I going to have Karen Mctavish or Darlene Epp come sew on my LA. There are so many pretty digital designs out there. I just wish C would do some designs so I can have her sew on my LA too! Good luck with your choice and enjoy whatever machine you get!