View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 05:46 AM
redturtle

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Suggest you lay all the darks out in a row, all the mediums in a row, and all the lights in a row. Take a picture of them straight on (IOW don't lay them on a table and attempt to photo them while standing - the further row will not show up. Put them on the floor and stand on a chair if necessary).

It's important to get them all in the same photograph as opposed to photographing the darks separate from the lights, because value is relative to what is next to. A dark may be a light if it is with only darker fabrics. You need to see the whole picture as a whole.

Then take the photograph and convert it to black and white.

That will help you spot instantly the value of each and any that don't belong in the group.

Color viewers also work to bleed out color and reduce it to value only (value meaning light vs dark), however ... you can't use a red viewer to view reds or browns, and you can't use a blue viewer to view blues greens or greys. Since you have all of the above, reducing to black and white is your best option.
i will lay them all out together and snap another photo...my printer is out of ink right now but perhaps i can reduce it to black/white on the computer...but i will post the complete floral grouping photo on here...maybe some other eyes will see what i dont....definitely gonna pull the purple and teal out of the medium batch and incorporate into the dark batch...

the more eyes the merrier!!