View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 07:26 AM
soccertxi

here are 2 pictures of what I call my 'cheater' I spy. I call it that because the original I Spy was done in hexagons and small triangles. WAY to many fabrics and too fussy for me! I start with a 6.5 inch sq and add 3.5 in triangles in 2 opposite corners. (be consistent with the corners!) I do the method where you put a sq in the corner and sew on the diagonal. The left over triangle squares are sewn together and then matched with another one to make flying geese. I use them in the border. Big brothers and sisters love to play match game! If I have any novelty squares left over, I either save them in an I spy stash, or if i dont' like them much(!) I use them on the pieced backing. I just learned I really like a solid for the triangles and border! Not sure I like the polka dot...

PS if you would like to see how I do those blocks, I can post a picture of a 'block in progress". You can start with any size block that you like, just making the corner triangle bigger or smaller to fit...

pieced backing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271055[/ATTACH]

new one in progress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271056[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-271001.jpe   attachment-271002.jpe   attachment-271003.jpe