Old 10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I hand pieced this quilt many years ago. It was before cutters and mats. So, that might give you an idea how old it is. That meant cereal box cardboard traced onto the fabric, cut out eye-balling the quarter inch seam allowance, and using a hand needle to piece it all. Boy, have things changed! I think we forget some of the awsome quilts of the past really had hours and hours of work in them that quilter's pieced by hand and quilted by hand.

Anyway this one has sat so long in my pile of unfinished tops that now some of the piecing bias is trying to yawn.

I added the green border this morning, because I think that was what my minds eye disliked about this UFO. I am sure that is why it never was finished. I know it will distract from the value down the road. You are not supposed to use fabrics from different eras in a quilt. But, It is mine, and I feel, mine to ruin if I wish. LOL!

Oh by the way... It is a pattern that was on the front cover of a keepsake quilting catalog. I drafted it out and made it without buying the pattern. LOL! Well things were very tight in those days.

Best long view I could get...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271184[/ATTACH]

Close up of some of the old fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271185[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-271131.jpe   attachment-271132.jpe