View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:02 PM
drgranny

Originally Posted by emerald46
I'm among the original "baby boomer" group born in 1946. Loved the era I grew up in (for the most part). My grandchild will never know the freedom and innocence we experienced....too much information overload for everyone these days.
Speaking of to much info overload...................I substitute and from 7th grade up these kids flabbergast me!! A couple of days ago I had 14/15 yr olds. There was one boy who kept talking about the big nasty and making all sort of little inuindos (sp) and there were a couple of girls who were writting notes to each other in a notebook. I peered over a shoulder to see what they were writting. They were writting the F word a lot. There always seems to be a boy who is bold enough to say things out loud. I know that if we had been caught saying those things when I was in school I would have suspended and then got my butt busted when I got home. Nothing is sacred to the kids now days. It really is sad because it shows they don't even respect themselves. I am so sorry about that. Like someone said, there is no innosence any more. (please excuse misspelled words. I never could spell)