View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:06 PM
NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by Zhillslady
instead of having ring bound get the plastic sheet dividers. I use those and that way all the pages go in one sheet protector. If the pattern is just one page I put 2 in there each facing outward so I see the other when I turn the page. After that I make a table in MSWord and the first column is a small pic of the pattern and the second column tells me material list and 3rd is what page in binder. This worked for me for years - now I keep all on a flash drive. One folder is just a picture of each I can scroll thru without waiting on files to open and the other is the actual pattern. Saves so much paper.
Exactly what I do. Works great! My son got me into using the flash drive after finding all my files in WORD and wondering why I kept them in one place. Reminded me what happens if the computer crashes! I still keep the ring binder and sheet protectors tho as I print off the pattern that I will be using. I make sure the pages don't go over 4 sheets, and if they do, I will copy 4 pages, then flip the papers and copy the rest of it onto the backs of the sheets. I personally find it easier to have the paper in front of me when perusing the pattern.