Old 10-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by bibliostone
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Got a question for you Embroidery folks if you can help!
I downloaded a applique embroidery design and started the embroidery, it said applique so I added the applique piece and the darn embroidery machine stitch over it...LOL

So can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Remember I'm new this embroidery stuff and have no ideal, I went to youtube to find help but all they show is how to do it not how to set your machine to applique....

I would read the the manuel but, being Dyslexic, I have problems understanding the directions. Show me and I can do it. I need pictures...LOL

Now back to youtube to look at some more help video's...LOL
You don't really do anything to set your machine to "applique". On most applique patterns, the first stitching is an outline to let you know where to put your chosen fabric. Then you place the fabric and the next stitching holds it down. Then you trim the added fabric close to the stitching line. The next stitching is a satin stitch that puts a nice edge on the applique. At least that is how my applique patterns usually work. Hope this helps.
That's what I thought and then the darn thing sewed over my appliqued, and covered it up, so I guess maybe the person that made the designed messed up somewhere? who knows...