Old 07-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Quiltgranny

Hello Everyone,

So, I finally crossed over the bridge to not being afraid to use basting pins, but, I find there are choices - LOTS of choices.

Straight vs Curved???

Size - #1, 2 or???

Steel or brass???

This brand or that brand???

When I first bought a 'package deal' a while back, it included curved #1 steel pins and those wonderful Pin Holders that my achy hands appreciate oh so much. Recently, it was time to get some more of both as I'm working my way up to basting larger quilts.

I was able to get the same nice Pin Holders at my LQS no problem, but when I asked DH to please insert the pins into the holders - he found a problem. My newly purchases Brass, "Quilt Safe", size #1, curved pins wouldn't fit into my Pin Holders. What's a girl to do?? :x

I called the place I bought the original package from to inquire about this, and she did say their packages include "Steel" pins, but thought it odd that these Brass ones didn't work since the Pin Holder package specifically states "Attaches to: blah, blah blah, which includes Brass and Steel.

Okay, so now I'm thoroughly confused, :roll: , and hoping some of you folks in the know will educate me on this prickly situation, lol. :lol: :roll:

Thanks,

Karla fr CO