View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 09:33 AM
patricej
Administrator

I'm in the process of moving all my fabrics from the shelves into the rolling sets of plastic drawers. the brand i'm using is Sterlite. I'm getting the 7-drawer sets. i put wheels on one set, then pop its top off. i don't put wheels on the second set. instead, i set it on top of the set with wheels and no lid. it forms a rolling tower that just fits through a standard doorway, height-wise. i can see well enough through the drawers to know exactly what's in each one.

they snap apart so you can arrange the drawers however is most convenient. i'm going to put all the deep drawers on the bottoms, with the shallow drawers higher up. i'd stack each tower to the ceiling, but if i did i couldn't roll them to anywhere in the house i want.

i've been buying a few sets each payday. i'll use the shelves for all the yucky looking stuff that we need to store and keep the drawer towers lined up in front. if i need something off a shelf, all i have to do is roll the drawers out of the way to get it. it's gonna look awesome!!! and i can put all my quilting things away more easily when i want to use my dining room as a ... what a concept ... dining room. :P