View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by catray
I download quilt patterns and I will probably never get to them all. But I would like to take to local office supply to have ring bound. What I don't know is how to sort and put into like patterns and or like whatever. Any ideas please!
I alphabetize the block names. You can take them to Kinko and they can bind it for you quite inexpensively. I, however, have three-three ring note books, have the outside labeled A-K, etc and can go from there. I like the binder because I can take the pattern out of the binder, put it in a gallon size plastic bag along with the fabric I will be using. I use 12" blocks myself. I like the size for quilts. I have made table runners with 12" blocks.

I am OTD (older than dirt) and the easier for me to keep track of things, the better off I am. Sometimes, I just page through the binders and think. (Dangerous in my case, but it does put a little mark in my mind of what I could do next time around). I mark each pattern with the date, who the block was for, what colors I used. Most of the ones I have already tried, and so they are "tried and true" and have no reservations about using the pattern again - if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!! I like the way they turn out and I love samplers. Edie