Old 10-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Tallbald

Thanks everybody. Excellent ideas. I think I would have to caution against the use of gunstock oil though. The gunstock oils I know of contain mineral spirits as a carrier for the linseed oil/hardener components, and may damage decals. The oil soaks in and becomes tacky quickly, showing all streaks and fingerprints too. I've used it extensively to seal and finish wood on my artwork and gunstocks. But that's on raw wood. I really like the Murphy's Oil Soap idea, followed by paste wax approach.I hope to try it today. It hints of something my grandmother might have done to care for her furniture. We'll let the results be known.
Mercy I hate to see a vacation come to an end. Penny and I have had a blast this week...traveling with the new GPS, eating too much at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, enjoying time together with each other, our granddaughter, and Penny's parents (my folks are passed but will never be forgotten) working on a Grand Lady machine and bringing home Miss Ruby to care for. Later, my friends. Don