View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:29 AM
Rainbow

LOVE your ideas...

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
They are so great. I have made many . The first was for my DD. She is 25 and sometimes transports kids for visitation etc. She bought a new car and was concerened the damage they did to the back of front seats.. So I made an I spy quilt with velcro ties to go around the headrests. They loved it and spent the hours drive looking for items. She did not even have to interact with them. The older child tok the lead and had siblings searching. that was made with 6 in" squares.
then came 5" squares for all of my great nephews. 6 so far.2more coming for xmas.
GAMES. finding different catagories ex. Fruits, veges, vehicles, dogs cats,( stripes, polka dots, circles, plaids(put those in for older kids)
Throwing bean bags on a catagory,
Looking for colors
cuddling with, finding your favorite sq.
counting all the dif. catagories
First on to find something
giving kids 3 thingsto find at a time an put something over the squares til all are covered. ( plastic chips,blocks bean bags)
The oldest nephew is 9 his was made with all sports blocks)
he still searches for stuff and his friends play too
the xmas ones are going to toddlers 1 and 18mos. THey will have tummy time and begin early to fnid simple things and grow into it.
I used 5in squares, and will be glad to send you some to get you started. I tried not to repeat sq.
PM me if you want some.