Thread: Online Class???
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:33 AM
teri295

I have not taken any classes with this group however I have taken a few classes at quilt university online. They have some terrific instructors and each lesson is set up on a weekly basis. What I have found from these classes: they have a beginning and an ending date, so it keeps you focused on starting and finishing your project. They have an online forum so you get to meet others in your virtual class and bounce ideas off of them, along with the instructor. The instructors I have had, have been helpful and full of help and hints that I hadn't thought of before. The cost is less expensive than classes taught in person in my area. I have taken another class through another company that I cannot remember the name of online however - and it was NOT GOOD at all - because you did it at your own pace (which meant I didn't do it at all and there was really no helpful support. The free online youtube instructions are good also, but they don't have the benefits listed above. For fmq, I ADORE Leah Day's 1-3 minute instructions located on her daystyle designs blog and website. Maybe there should be a thread dedicated to youtube only links! Lots of times I don't like going through a website link with a bunch of other things on it.