Old 10-15-2011, 06:23 AM
amazon

I know that I can't rescue every one that I see, but , I fell in love with it from a distance. Actually from the banks' drive thru. A yard sale was across the street, it was being used as tablecloth. Intially I thought is was just a top. Inquired if it was for sale, she said ,"You have seen the condition it is in?". Yes :( :lol: . While she decided, I looked it over, most of the damage is at the top & bottome edge. Checked to see if it would tear easily. It was weak only on the ends. She says " How about $3, are you sure you want it?" Yes, I want it.I think it is quilted in a Clam Shell or Baptist Fan not sure, don't know if you can see the close stitching , but, it is done in rows of three close bands then a space, repeat. Haven't seen that before. Right now its in the washer soaking, WOW! a lot of really dark brown water, if it survives the soak, I plan to ...Don't hate me for this...Cut it up into a tablerunner and two pillows. Well, I could decide to just leave it intact, just cut off the damage and put a new backing and enjoy. We shall see. I love the striped sashing and the dark colors .Will post after pics if it survives. :-D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-271518.jpe   attachment-271519.jpe   attachment-271520.jpe