View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 06:47 AM
ashgrover

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Anyone and Everyone ... do you include two blocks, when they are the same subject (eg. cats), though different fabrics and colours? Or do you tend to keep to only one of a subject?
I do not have as great a variety yet so I put everything in as long as it is appropriate for age and gender. Like for Lesander's quilt I put in two of more fire engines but from different fabrics. he loves cars and trucks and such. I also put in multiple dog fabrics and sea life fabrics.[/quote]

Yes I used all kinds of different fabric of same subject. That is part of the fun is saying "I spy" and finding and say I spy 6 cars, three cows etc. They learn to count and may need a little help depending on age but that is the fun of the quilt, playing with someone. Besides I wouldn't want to look for 200 different subjects. LOL I had my sister in another state ask her quilt guild members for any scraps I could use and also all my sewing and quilting friends so it really cut down on finding all the fabrics. Some prints had more then one thing I could use in it.
I had a ball collecting and making the quilt and and my DH got where he wanted to help me find fabric. LOL Had to give him a template to when he was with me in a fabric store as he would look on his own and it was usually to big.