View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by runninL8
I'm another one of those OTD (older than dirt)types when it comes to computers. Have mastered some simple things - can download quilt patterns I like - then save in a folder. The folder gets large and becomes a black hole - I know they are there, but wonder how to find the ones I want. Has anyone taken a file (copied to a disk) to a print shop to have it printed out? What would that cost? Would it be cheaper than printing them out at home? The cost of printer ink is so high that I tend to print out only the ones I think I will use right away. Would love to have them all printed out.

Thanks to all for the ideas about categorizing - will certainly use those ideas!
Hey, OTD!!!!! I print mine out. I only print what I want. Not what I think I might use. There's the answer. I don't download any patterns (learned that from a horrific virus and lost absolutely everything and I do mean everything. So usually I will go to Quilter's Cache and if I can't find exactly what I want, but possibly know the name of it or reasonable facsimile thereof, I google!!!!! I find what I want, print it up, staple it punch the holes in it and put it alphabetically in my notebook (three ring) (thick)! I already have done that with my next quilt. I have all the blocks printed, in a plastic bag, individually, marked with a sticky tab and when I am done with what I am doing now, I will find the fabric I want to use for each block (sampler) and cut it out, put it in the bag, set it aside and each one I finish, I put into the notebook for future use (like I said before, I date the pattern, who it was going to and the colors I used). Easy peasy.

Good luck to thems that are trying to figure out what to do. You all are right in how YOU do it. We're just here to let you know what we do and maybe it'll work! It does for me! I've learned an awful lot from all of you. Edie