View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 01:33 PM
LastGrandma

Well, when I went to the grocery store on Thursday I bought the latest "Quilting Celebrations, Fall/Winter 2011" magazine by F&P (all projects are by Patrick Lose). It has so many small projects that I could not resist!

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours putting the runner together, and this morning I put the leaves and binding on. The quilting is just around the leaves and pumpkins -- with a couple of leaves outlined in the middle patchwork. I thread painted the leaf stems, as I did not use the leaf patterns provided. I had purchased some precut leaves last year and finally used them on this project.

All in all this took less than 6 hours to make, including hand sewing the binding on the back. Thanks for looking...and for all the inspiration everyone of you provide on a daily basis!

Entire runner -- 14" x 58"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271900[/ATTACH]

In my living room for now!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271901[/ATTACH]

Closeup of one end -- the other end is a mirror image of this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271902[/ATTACH]

Raw edge applique of leaf with thread painted stem. I used orange to brown varigated thread.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271903[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-271847.jpe   attachment-271848.jpe   attachment-271849.jpe   attachment-271850.jpe