View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 02:37 PM
crystaltx

I just posted my progress on my first 'big' quilt last night, and you guys gave me so much motivation that I finished the top (worked on it till 2am) and got the borders on it today. What an experience! And I still have the actual quilting/binding/backing to do...wish I lived near one of you that loves to do just those parts =) I am also posting some pix from the process. Thank you for the incredibly encouraging words on here, I don't think I would have worked on it so much if it hadn't been for that. I also stopped pinning every little triangle, I figured out that I could do most of the blocks without pinning until I got it to a very large piece. It barely fits on my living room floor, and the biggest sheet I had wasn't quite big enough. Not sure how I am going to lay out the backing but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Just a note - this is not my design. It is Joann's quilt of the month, it is a package that comes with the fabric you need, and instructions on how to make the blocks and other pieces. I figured that would be a great way to learn, and it was! But the creativity points go to the original quilt designer!

Some of the blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271933[/ATTACH]

More blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271934[/ATTACH]

First time doing applique on this block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271935[/ATTACH]

Sewing that colored outline square was a little tricky.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271936[/ATTACH]

My 'pile of leaves' :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271937[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-271880.jpe   attachment-271881.jpe   attachment-271882.jpe   attachment-271883.jpe   attachment-271884.jpe