Old 07-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Eddie

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
no i'm not.

i was there over the weekend buying my neice her own stash (she's getting a sewing machine for her birthday saturday) and the girl working there was so angry with me.

i had about 25 bolts and i stacked them according to how much fabric i wanted cut.

she gave me a snotty look and said "do you know how heavy this stuff is".

i told her i was twice her age and if she thinks this is hard work she better not get married, have children, or move out of her mothers home - because it only get harder from here.
Haha, great response. Laziness in individuals is always something that really irks me. And I would rather be beat with a big stick than go to Wal-Mart specifically for the kind of encounter that you related. In my opinion, WM has a severe issue with not instilling a desire to provide the shopper with a pleasant shopping experience - they are too driven with a focus on $ to worry about whether customers have any desire to ever come back. Which is why I always go to Target, Kroger, or anywhere else I can for what I'm needing at the moment before I force myself to have to go back to WM for it.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel better now. :)

Now, back on topic. Our WM is a Superstore and has a fabric department. The lady who normally works it is super nice and always helpful. I hope we don't loose it, as it is nice being able to go close for notions and what not. There is a also a WM Superstore in the next town over about 5 miles away and it does not have a fabric department. They have a very small crafts section, with a few sewing notions thrown in as an afterthought.