View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 08:29 PM
chrissyort

My avatar pic is of a featherweight. One thing I know is the Featherweight is suppose to weigh 11 lbs. Can you get on a scale with it, then without it? Just a thought.

I recently read a post on here about naming machines after the owner and someone suggested going back to the estate sale to inquire about the owners name.
I recently bought a Singer 301A (very similar story to yours, didn't really want to go junkin', but forced myself) then found myself at a sale talking about sewing and was presented by the person having the sale with the Singer. It was not in the sale, as it held too much sentimental attachment to her, but I guess I past the test.
I had to leave it then and come back for it as it was in a cabinet and would not fit in my car. When I returned I was happy that I had most of the day to think about the purchase because I remembered to ask the girl what was her mother's name as I would like to name the machine after her. She told me Edna, through watering eyes. She was choked up.
My daughter and I were comparing it to my featherweight and I told her, This is sometimes called the Big Sister to the Featherweight. She then said, I know, instead of EDNA, lets call her Big Ed! So Big Ed it is!