View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Janis

Originally Posted by chrissyort
I must add my two cents. I LOVE MY FEATHERWEIGHT! And although my light is in working order, I never turn it on. It just makes the work surface hot. Of course I sew in the basement and I haven't had it through a winter yet, so I might end up liking that added heat come wintertime. My stitches are sew beautiful, I just love all piecing I do on my featherweight. I also love the attention it brings when I bring it to classes! :)
You must have a newer FW than I do, as I think I need my light on to be able to sew. Maybe I don't. I'll have to check tomorrow. She's put away right now. But I always turn the light on on all of my machines, so it just might be a habit for me.

I'm so excited!!! I got an e-mail form JaneK that my 1945 Featherweight is on her way to my house. I'm ready for her! Today I made a foot control bag and a tote/cover , or what ever it is called that one of the members had a link to, and also a serger size pocketed organizer to put under my new machine when she gets here. Can yo tell I'm excited about it? I used my Featherweight Lilly to sew her 'younger sister's' stuff.