View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:39 PM
MacThayer

I guess I'm one of the "odd ducks" on this thread. I have one machine, a Brother Sewing machine. I'm learning that the model I have isn't much good for quilting, so I have my eye on a Janome. As soon as I can afford it, that's what I intend to get, which will leave me with an Awesome sewing and quilting machine, and a back up that can do piece work pretty well. I'd love to get a serger, but that's down the road. I've partnered up with a terrific woman on Esty's who does my embroidery work. She does such a great job that I'm not interested in getting an embroidery machine, at least at this point in time. I'm too busy learning what I've got, and catching up on quilting after being gone from sewing and quilting over 40 years (and just when did they invent computerized sewing machines?!). So I'm already on a steep learning curve, and don't need more to learn. But that serger would help with finishing edges, and I understand, a whole lot more. But first things first: have to get my Janome. That will give me two sewing machines, and no doubt it will stay that way for quite a while, until I add the serger. I'm not the least bit interesting in collecting sewing machines. However, you should see my incredible Tea Pot collection! As they say, to each his/her own. It seems we all have soft spots for certain things, and that's just life, and not something to be ridiculed or looked down on. It gives us pleasure. I enjoy my tea pots almost as much as I enjoy quilting! Don't make me choose!