View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 03:08 AM
juliasb

I am not even sure how it happened but I have a Jamone that I have had now close to 20 years now that until just a few years ago I use most of the time. Once in awhile I would use my 1905 Singer Treadle machine just to keep it in good running shape. Then I bought my serger, (New Home).
Then something happened.... I decided to try my hand at machine emboridery so I bought a Brother Embrodery Machine, then I traded a quilt I made for myself for another one giving me 2 different model Brother Embroidery machines. My daughter decided I needed a small machine that did nothing but embroidery so she bought me another machine she found at a garage sale. (I think that is 6) I then found a beautiful antique machine at a garage sale that I just had to have. My daughter who knows my love of sewing and sewing machines found 2 more vintage machines and gave them to me for Christmas a year ago. (now we are up to 9). And this summer I got a Grace Quilting Machine system with a Brother 1500s. So unless I missed one somewhere there are 10 sewing machines in my home. All of them are in working order and ready for use at any moment. I can and do sew even when we have power outages. The 4older machines (1905, 1928 ,1931,1960)work just as good as the other machines. I still am not sure how it happened but I do use them. I forgot to mention that I gave 2 sewing machines away over the years) For me different machines work better for different types of sewing. I love them all. Julia